Not The Favorite
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
What Band Wagon?
Sometimes I feel like bitching about people I love and care for. We all have those days and by going private, it still doesn't eliminate the risk of hurting someones feelings.
So. I've created a brand new blog. And good luck finding it.
If you do happen to find it, proceed with caution because I'm not holding back. You've been warned.
CLARIFICATION: I'm still posting on this blog. I'm just also posting somewhere else. So stay tuned for future updates!
Friday, June 22, 2007
A Bit Unsettled
I think I'm going to die from a sugar overdose... That or puke my brains out.
Damn them for making such a delicious brownie that I couldn't stop eating it. I'm pretty sure they crammed enough chocolate into one small little brownie, that it could probably kill a pack of angry wolves.
"I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power, I'm told. That's why I'm compressing 5 pounds of spaghetti into one handy mouth-sized bar. [He eats the bar and swallows. He then dials the phone.]Hospital, please."
- Homer Simpson
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Observations Like ...
* No Jon, I don't think it's sexy when you strike a male model/Playgirl pose. Seriously when I say I want to rip your arms off and club you with them, I mean it. Stop posing! I'm getting pretty angry just thinking about you doing it. God damn it. If it helps you put my anger into perspective, watching you pose, is like me kicking you the balls repeatedly and not stopping even when you beg me to. Point? Knock it off!
* I love my kid, but she's started the Terrible Two's and I think I may shoot myself. Freaking out and screaming because you can't get your shoe off/on/off/on will drive mommy to an early grave.
* Seriously Jon, I mean it. Stop, please.
* Saturday I got my hair chopped off. I broke my own rule and got a short hair cut. Think a slightly longer version of Victoria Beckham. My longest layer is to my chin. And I like it, even though I can no longer do a ponytail.
* My Father's day plan worked. Next year's Mother's Day better be good. I'm sure it won't be hard to beat this years nothing.
* Lauren hates swimming in the big pool. Gee, I wonder where she got that from...
* I realized this week that I'm a sweetie on the outside and a royal bitch on the inside.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
It's Been Too Long
I've been burned so badly at work that I now have a hard time receiving praise. I always manage to bring myself down after a compliment. For example, my boss will say "Good work on that." and I'll come back with "Thanks, but I [insert negative here]." I can't seem to just say thank you.
My new goal is to accept my pat-on-the-back and and say thank you.
I also find myself waiting for the bad things to happen. I've been asked into my boss' office on numerous occasions and each time, I hold my breath. I wait for the reprimand over some stupid thing I've done, like forgotting to book a hotel room or left ordering books until I need to have them rushed. But each time, I'm relieved to find out that he either wants to tell me what a great job I'm doing or to ask me how I'm doing.
I've held true to owning up to my mistakes. I tell him up front that I've made a mistake but not before I've done everything in my power to fix the problem. And I so far, so good. He's also held true to his word when he said he's not a micro-manager. You know how some people say that and then they can't get their nose out of your work. He does his work, I do mine.
I especially enjoy how everyone there treats me like an adult. I don't get spoken down to. I don't get screamed at. We are a three-legged stool, as my boss told me in my first interview. We all get along and work together or we fall apart.
I really like being at Big Red and I hope I'm there for a long time.
Labels: Big Red
Friday, June 01, 2007
Several Hot Showers Later
If you choose to live in filth and clutter, that’s your decision. Who am I to judge? But when I have to live a night at your home, please clean it up. At least give me a clean place to pee and brush my teeth. A friends home shouldn’t give me the skeevies, making me want to run away and take several hot showers. Honestly though, I knew it was going to be bad since we’re quite good friends but I didn’t think I would be so uncomfortable there sleeping over for one night. I’ll put aside sleeping on the world’s most uncomfortable hide-a-bed and having to use a couch cushion as a pillow because I was loaded and I would’ve slept pretty much anywhere. But getting up and ready to leave the next morning made me realize how truly yucky this place was. I can only thank the powers that be for having just a slight hangover and not having to throw up there. Oh, and ever since, I’ve been terrified that I have pinworms because one of their kids just had them. It doesn’t help that Jon knows about it and has been working very hard at making me paranoid about it. Bastard…
I really wish those crazy British ladies from “How clean is your house?” would visit New Brunswick. I would have the perfect candidates for them. I’ve been debating whether or not to post on this for a week and I may receive some backlash from this but I’m prepared to deal with that, if necessary.