Not The Favorite
Friday, September 18, 2009
Sure Hope That Horse Shoe Doesn't Come Out...
I had an appt this morning at the doctor so I dropped Jon off at work. Drove to the Regent Street clinic, had a GREAT appt with my doctor and then I left. I paid my three dollars to get out of the parking lot and just happen to glance down at the change tray of the parking machine and low and behold! There is a toonie and a loonie just sitting there (not mine, I heard them go in properly). So grab them and keep going! Free Parking!!
Then I parked in the garage next to my office and used the found three dollars for the three hours of parking I’ll need until it’s time to go get Jon.
So I’m working away, looking for a piece of paper in a storage box full of single pieces of paper and VOILA! There it is. Beautiful!
Our IT dept finally fixed the printer that's been broken since June, and I helped just a wee bit. Still, it's fixed!!
Then I get great news from Jon that the prescription I was given this morning at my wonderful appt is covered under our health plan. YES!! That just saved me $400.
Time to go get Jon! (Could there BE more exclamation marks?? Yup!!) So I go down the stairway at work and BAM! Almost run into my buddy Jack. I haven’t seen Jack since I left [Insert company name here], over 2 years ago. I practically got whiplash my head spun around so fast. What a great surprise! He now works on the next floor down. We’ll have to have lunch soon.
And then when I get back from switching out the car with Jon, there is cake waiting for me at work!! Yum!!
This has been such an awesome day so far and it’s only 2:00. Hopefully it doesn’t go downhill from here…
Everything is coming up Jenn!!
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
One of "Those" Lists
1.What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Chicken burger with ketchup
2.Where was your profile picture taken? Dominican
3.Can you play Guitar Hero? Yep, on easy.
4.Name someone who made you laugh today? Tenille on Hell's Kitchen. Damn that girl's funny.
5.How late did you stay up last night and why? 11pm, because that's bedtime.
6.If you could move somewhere else, would you? Nope.
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks? Not sure, which probably means no.
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you? Erika
9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? No way. At least none of my ex's.
10. How do you feel about Dr Pepper? Loves it
11. When was the last time you cried really hard? No idea.
12. Who took your profile picture? ME!
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of? Lauren
14. Was yesterday better than today? Yep
15. Can you live a day without TV? Hell no.
16. Are you upset about anything? Not at the moment
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? For sure.
18. Are you a bad influence? Depends on the day and my mood.
19. Night out or night in? Night in.
20. What item could you not go without during the day? It's a tie between lipgloss and clothes. I hate to be naked but I really like glossy lips...
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? Other than myself, it would have to be Erika when she had Jack.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? I don't text. GASP! No really, I don't.
23. How do you feel about your life right now? Bored. Ohhhhh, the boredom.
24. Do you hate anyone? Hate is such a strong word. More like tolerate a few people.
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find? A hurtful message that I can't bring myself to delete.
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? Yep
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before? Yes but I'm pretty sure it was me.
28. What song is stuck in your head? I know you want me - Pitbull
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m., who do you want it to be? If someone knocks on my window at 2am, they better run because I will NOT be impressed by being woken up. Unless... it's someone holding a giant check worth millions of dollars.
30.Wanna have grandkids by the time you're 50? Grandkids?? I can't think past kindergarten and that's a year away.
31. Name something you have to do tomorrow? File. Ohhhh the filing.
32. Do you think too much or too little? Most days I just don't give a shit.
33. Do you smile a lot? It's my defense mechanism so YES!! :)
Side note: You're means you are. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
You can see on the diagram, we started out red, green is where it started to go wrong and then where red and blue connect is when it all fell apart.
I'm sorry you got so mad at me when I commented that you should know where you're going in a city you've lived in your whole life, on a route we take almost every day. I should've realized that you talking to our child while driving was far too distracting and that I should've been navigating.
I'm sorry I slammed the car door when I got out at work and then called you an asshole.
Tomorrow I'll be better, I promise.