Not The Favorite

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Human Nature: Over-reacting

Before I start in on this topic, I would like to say that it in no way was intended to down play the seriousness of the recent events at Dawson College in Montreal. I feel deeply sorry for all of the victims of this tragedy.

Now on to the good stuff. I'd like to thank Stephen Harper for being true to human nature and over-reacting to a situation by trying to enforce a program that 1) has nothing to do with the recent events at Dawson College and 2) would not have prevented such a tragedy from occurring anywhere in Canada. What program you ask? The National Gun Registry. What kind of an ass would think that reinstating a program, that only tells us who has registered their weapons, would help prevent anything? "Ok, thank you seemingly sane person for registering this [insert gun type here]. Enjoy!" It's not like they screen for mental competence before they sell you the weapon so why would they think that making you register it would do anything?

By registering a weapon, it in no way gives Canada an indication that you might use it for anything other than mass murder. In that respect, why does anyone buy guns? To kill things, d'uh. So, by selling and registering guns, Canada is acknowledging that it is aware that you are buying this gun to kill someone or something, either intentionally or in self-defense.

"Gee, I knew when we sold him the gun that he was going to kill something/someone but we had no idea it would be on such a large scale." Like hurting/killing one person/thing is perfectly fine.

People are so stupid and time and time again they over-react and try and institute programs and laws that they feel will help prevent such tragedies. Examples being preventing mass murders by implementing a useless and extreme waste of money gun registry or banning certain breeds of dogs because they are considered "dangerous". Should they have banned Llhaso apsos because my grandmothers dog Farley bit me in the face unprovoked when I was kid? I think so. Or how about the German Shepard that chased me on my bike growling and snarling when I drove past it's house? That's it, German Shepards should also be banned.

Back to the point. People won't stop killing other people, either one at a time or on a larger scale. So don't think by implementing these types of "preventative" programs it is going to stop human nature. You can't predict human nature no matter what law you put into place. Some people just don't care about the consequences. Especially when they intend on killing themselves in the process of the crime they are committing.

For those of you wondering why I'm writing about politics when I don't care about them, I usually find politics so complicated and boring that it's just not worth my time but then they come up with a goody like this. I hate watching the news because stupid politicians make me so damn mad and rants like the above ensue.

And that they say, is that.

Labels: ,

posted by LadyLipgloss at 8:21 AM

1 Comments:

"That board with a nail in it may have defeated us. But the humans won't stop there. They'll make bigger boards and bigger nails, and soon, they will make a board with a nail so big, it will destroy them all!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home