Not The Favorite

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In Remembrance of Jepetto the Cat

Our extended family, John and Erika, suddenly lost a dear friend yesterday . His name was Jepetto and he was a great cat. They had Petto and his buddy, Harvey, for 7 years and they were inseparable. Poor Petto, unknowingly, had diabetes and was in diabetic shock when they brought him to the vet. He was so sick and it was 50/50 if he would make it through the night.

Erika and John had to make the toughest decision any pet owner could ever have to make. They weighed the options of keeping him alive but in chronic pain due to side affects of the twice daily needles and strict diet or put him down after leading a full and extremely loved life. They decided that for Petto's best interest and for his quality of life, they would put him to rest.

I believe in my heart that they did the right thing for Petto, although it hurts so much to lose him. I know in time that Erika, John and Harvey will accept that this was the best thing they could have done and will always remember the fun times they had with each other.

So, to Petto, you were a beloved friend, companion and playmate and you will never be forgotten.

Rest In Peace little buddy.

Labels: ,

posted by LadyLipgloss at 9:07 AM

3 Comments:

So now I'm sitting here with my eyes welling up....I love my pets to death, I can't imagine having to decide to put one down. Although, it will certainly happen one day.

3:27 PM  

well said. thank you. love Erika & John

6:06 PM  

I too have known the pain that comes with that decision and let me assure you that I am not one to say 'but look on the bright side'. With that said, let me tell you of a little drama I have recently had to endure.

Our cat of 10 years, Oreo, took sick and had to be put to rest after two days of 'almost recovering'. I was devasted. Two weeks later, her mother - Ayla - went out to hunt butterflies and has never returned.

I sincerely don't know which is worse.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home