Not The Favorite

Thursday, September 14, 2006

One of Those Days

Well, yet another extremely long day past me by today. Not only was I non-productive, but I think I was actually undoing some of my previous work. A migraine threathened to take over by about 4:30 and I just couldn't drown out the most irritating person in the world anymore, let's call this person Beans. Beans just wouldn't shut the hell up and stop bugging me to death. Holy crap I almost lost my mind when they kept asking for a high five because "It's almost 5 o'clock!"

Most of my day consisted of me trying not to cry at my desk due to boredom and yet another person asking for me money, thank you EI. Get in line with the rest of the money-grubbing bastards, you know who you are MC and Student Line of Credit.

Some snippets of my day:

"Seriously, please just kill me now before I have to spend another day in this freakin hell hole that sucks the life out of me as soon as I step out of my car in the parking lot."

"I have no idea what direction to go. I just know that this isn't it. Not even close. I'd like to be busy, none of this hurry-up-and-wait bullshit. I want to talk to customers/clients/people who don't annoy the shit out of me on a daily basis. I want to have nothing to do with computer repair or networking. I want the opportunity to sit down during the day but not the whole day. And I want to be able to hum/sing with the radio that's not tuned to country music. I think my keyboard is giving me lice."

"And is it just me or do they advertise for crappiest jobs ever? I'm not sure what to do. I can't stay here much longer. The air in here is giving me menopause..."

"How do I get into contact with the black market to sell a kidney?"

"If anyone else is reading this, I HATE [insert client name here] AND I WANT A TRANSFER NOW"

I am so sick of days like this and I seriously think I might have a mental breakdown if I'm forced to be on this team for much longer. At least on my old team, my team lead made an effort to come and see me at least once a day to make sure I hadn't been sucked into a blackhole of boredom. He also gave me REAL WORK to do. None of this "ok do this now but i don't care if it gets done" crap.

I might be an exception to the rule but I want to be proud of my work and I want to feel that I've accomplished something. I want to... wait for it... work for my money.

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 8:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home