Not The Favorite

Thursday, September 28, 2006

She's a Big Girl Now

The manual is out and open to the installation instructions. All the parts are gathered and the troops are ready to roll out. Tonight is the night that it finally happens. We will not be beaten and we will fight until our mission is accomplished. We head down to the car.

Stage 2 Car Seat – oh, it’s ON!

We finally got the anchors installed in the car by the dealer on Tuesday. It figures that with everything else that sucks on that car, it would have to have proprietary child seat anchors and wouldn’t fit the standard ones that came with the damn seat to begin with. I have been dreading this moment since we had to put in the first car seat. I’ve heard horror stories about how hard the stage 2 seats are to put in if you don’t have the latch system in your car. Shocking, my car didn’t have the fabulous new latch system… I was fully prepared to put forth hours of work into getting the seat installed. I put Lauren in the front side passenger seat to play and moved anything she could stick in her mouth. Then, Jon and I grabbed the seat and headed for the back seat ready to sleep over if necessary to get this thing in right. Ten minutes later without even breaking a sweat, we were done. Done. I couldn’t believe how easy it was! Take THAT stupid trained professionals whom I’ve heard could take upwards of an hour to properly install one of these beasts. That seat is in there so damn tight it might as well have come welded to the frame.

And we took our first official big girl car seat trip around the block. Did you know that it doesn’t have to be a struggle to get your child in or out of a car seat?? Who knew…

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 9:43 AM

2 Comments:

I think the struggle is when the seat is rear facing. That anchor strap you use when it is forward facing makes installation soooo much easier. Plus it's easier to put weight on the seat when it's forward facing.

Sarah

10:08 AM  

Congrats on your success. I wonder if I can book you for Tuesday at 8 pm for an installation. I need a little time to cut all the ducktape off of the 'solution' I found. The staples will come out with a good yank and I am not sure the silly putty was doing anything anyway.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home