Not The Favorite

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Turkey Pot, Turkey Pot, Turkey Pot Pie!

I always said that I never wanted to be one of those women who freak about their weight. It’s never been a problem for me. I’ve been lucky to have good genes and a fairly active lifestyle. This last year hasn’t been so great with my active lifestyle since I used to work 60hrs a week mostly on my feet and now I work 40hrs a week sitting on my butt. Though, I’ve recently starting doing Pilates 3 times a week to help with the mommy curves. Pilates is kicking my ass. Seriously, the buns and thigh workout makes me feel like I have a hot iron strapped to my ass.

I never really focused on my weight until two things happened:1) Not being able to shed those last few pregnancy pounds and 2) my new migraine meds.

The New Canadian Food Guide has been released and I decided to check it out. The new vegetable and grain recommendations seem crazy to me. How can one person eat that many fruits and vegetables (8 servings) and grains (7 servings) in one day??!! Ok, the fruit and veg. thing I can actually see happening but so many grains!!!

The point is, on the chart they recommend for a woman my age and activity level (low activity) caloric intake should be 2100 per day. I counted all my calories yesterday and could only come up with 740 approx. Sad, very sad. I scrounged all the boxes and packaging I could find to add this number up. More than anything I was just curious. Jon kept telling me that I would drive myself crazy counting calories.

Today at lunch, I had one of those pre-pack turkey pot pies. After popping it in the microwave, I read the nutritional info and saw a calorie count of 550 and seriously thought about NOT eating it. It happened just that fast. I became one of those women. And Jon was right.

I am going to go off this migraine medication because I have myself convinced that it’s making me fat. I don’t want to spend my life worrying about weight. It’s stupid and I’m not fat. I’m not even close.

Labels: ,

posted by LadyLipgloss at 1:36 PM

1 Comments:

don't worry about the cals, but something to think about is that if you aren't eating enough cals your body will say "OMG!not enough Cals, LETS HOG IT ALL!!!!" and keep every spec it can in the reserves. good luck with your migraines, having kids helped mine "disappear" (yep I was shocked) but hd them all through the first 1/2 of my 3 pregnancies and looking back I now realized they were just sinus headaches compared to my teen years. I hope you find a med that helps better.
Kyooty

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home