Not The Favorite

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My Not-So Secret Secret

Why is that when I decide to let my hair down and go out on a Saturday night for a few (ok, a lot) drinks, I inevitably end up meeting a co-worker out at the bar? Every damn time. It never fails. And 99% of the time, the first thing they say to me is “I didn’t think you came out to bars.” Do I give off an ode-de-boring-mommy at work? Perhaps the reason I don’t show my fun side and drink at work functions is because I’m a wild woman when I hit the liquor. I love to have a good time and frankly, I don’t want to make an ass out of myself in front of the people I have to see 40 hours a week.

At this rate, the whole office will soon know I’m secretly a trampy-lookin’, booze-hound party-girl.

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 10:28 AM

4 Comments:

More people need to see that side, even more people need that side of them to be seen. We are far to serious about ourselves. Honestly, we are just really tall amoeba who spend their lives looking for reasons to blush. (Severely pissing off monkeys who cannot really pull off a good blush.)

Sing in the car - loudly. Pick your nose when you need to. Every now and then, taste the glue - you used to like it. And lastly - dance, laugh, love and find as much fun as you can. Let everyone else worry if they are doing it right.

Want perspective - Kurt Cobain is already considered classic rock. That means when your children are teens, they will be planning road trips to visit the grave of a guru that they feel the world has stupidly forgotten and writing ph.d dissertations on the current social implications of "Smells like Teen Spirit".

10:45 AM  

LOL...with a high forehead and flat hair.

11:21 AM  

HAHAHA, damn that girl was a bitch. "I'm a hair stylist...blah blah blah, I'm a stupid prude..."

1:22 PM  

life is for living!!! enjoy your nights out, better than sitting home and watching snow fall

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home