Not The Favorite

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Much of The Same

So far it's been two days back to work and not much has changed. I expected to be assigned work yesterday but was met with an out-of-town-til-wed team lead and 2 team members MIA. So, I cleaned all the decorations off my desk and started the new book Jon got me for Christmas "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz. I got about a third of the way through yesterday since I shared my time between reading and brainless web surfing. Today, I'm about 2 thirds done and it's not yet 2pm.

I guess I was hoping the new work year would start off better. Boy, was I wrong. I always had hope during my long stretches of waiting for work, that it would come "any day now". I had the twinge of hope in the back of my mind that helped me make it back to work each day. Today is no different and my sanity rests with people who keep me out of the loop. I'm trying to stay positive and keep my nose in a book so they can't see the pout. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to go get a library card because books are effing expensive.

** 4pm and I'm done my book. Good read. But now I'm bored again.

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 1:59 PM

2 Comments:

I have one at home that you can borrow. Can you use this time to learn to speak Chinese or something?

3:33 PM  

I suppose I could. I bet translators make a killing...

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home