Not The Favorite

Friday, November 24, 2006

Give Me Applesauce or Give Me Death

I believe we’ve hit the stage in Lauren’s life where food has become less than a priority to her. Last night, Lauren had a fairly small supper, again. A couple of bites is better than none I suppose. We gave her some apple sauce as a dessert but she didn’t really have much interest in it and only had a few bites here and there, basically whenever she came close to the coffee table and I had a spoonful ready.

Around 7 or so, she wanted some more and began feeding herself while I held the container. She’s getting pretty good with a spoon but hasn’t quite figure out that you have to hold spoon end face up or the floor gets the applesauce. Still, she managed quite well and wanted to tackle holding the container, too. I thought to myself, no way Jose, and said no no, Mama will hold it for you.

Oh…My…God…

Down goes the spoon, her body goes rigid and the shrieking begins. This girl is pissed off.

She was inconsolable for at least 5 minutes. I couldn’t even attempt to calm her down. Getting on her level didn’t work, hugging her didn’t work, giving her the applesauce didn’t work and laughing especially didn’t work. Jon and I just walked away and went into the kitchen, leaving her screaming in the living room.

She eventually calmed down and took a bottle. That was the first time she had a fit and we couldn’t help fix it. She wanted to be angry and yell and stomp.

But I guess we all have those moments.

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 3:19 PM

3 Comments:

Hmmmm...I wonder where she gets that? You should have videotaped it.

4:22 PM  

Oh, I'm sure I'll have plenty of other opportunities to catch her mid-tantrum...

4:26 PM  

I just had a similar episode...I couldn't get my msn to work properly, so I screamed "I'm a pony!" and poured hot coffee over my head.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home