Not The Favorite

Monday, December 04, 2006

In Between Sizes and Seasons

Having a child stuck between sizes and trying to deal with weather that’s stuck between seasons sucks. This morning, we put Lauren in her new 18mth winter coat because it’s snowing and in the minuses. Out of habit, we also put her in a nice warm sweater, usually it’s to compensate for a thinner jacket.

The sizing saga continues with winter boots. Size 3 is just barely too small but size 4 is way too big. And it’s not even a manageable too-big. We put the 4’s on her and she keeps tripping over her feet and falling.

Once the coat and too-big boots were on, we let her go and she falls backwards. Literally, just tipped over backwards and landed flat on her back. She didn’t even bother to stop it happening and all I could do was “Awww” and pout out my bottom lip. We pick her up and try and get the “What the hell are you people doing to me?” look off her face. So, on go the sneakers and I intend on bringing the slightly too-small boots with me, so she can play outside today at least for a little bit. But I forgot. Damn.

As usual, I’m running late. This morning is a little worse though because I have to clean off the car and try to re-adjust the car seat to accommodate a thicker coat.

She looked like a little pink puffball all crammed into the car seat. She had too many layers on and she pretty much cried all the way to daycare. Poor thing, I had to undo 2 buttons down on the jacket just so I could see her little mouth, her hat was over her eyes and I had to put the hood up so she wasn’t slouched forward in the seat. But I was in a hurry this morning and didn’t take the extra minutes to make her more comfy, I just wanted her in so we could get on our way.

I promised her that the ride home tonight would be much better because I would have more time to make her comfortable. Just in case she hasn’t forgotten how horrible this morning was, I’m bringing a chocolate Timbit with me.

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 10:48 AM

3 Comments:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your little pink fluff ball is going to be even more miserable when you put the tim bit in her hand and she can't reach her mouth because of the coat, mitts, shoulder straps, hat, short arms thing. God I love this country. Tell me again why the whole damn lot of us hasn't just given up and moved to the south sea islands. (I know I have said this before, but I will punch the pancreas of the first 10 people who think they need to remind me that I will miss snow at Christmas. If I really miss it, I will come for a visit, or better yet, stare into the freezer for a few minutes.)

11:04 AM  

I agree...good luck with all that...

5:49 PM  

i am anonymous...apparently i only typed my name in my head the first time.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home