Not The Favorite

Friday, November 17, 2006

My Invisible Sign

Apparently, I have a sign on me that only assholes can see. It says “Harass Me, Please.” I can’t see it but I’m told it must be there because why else would otherwise normal men become total jerks to me? I will be nice to you, I will tolerate this one time. One more time, you get a warning from me. If there is a third time, you will be getting a visit from HR.

I can count at least four times in the last 5 years that I have been harassed by a male co-worker who thinks he has the right to do so. And doesn't see anything wrong with his actions.

Attention Jerks of the World:

Here’s a friendly reminder that you are not, in fact, God’s gift to women and that I do not want you sending me "flirty"/harassing messages, I do not want you telling me to set up a web cam so you can watch me at home or that you’d just like to take me home. I especially do not enjoy you rubbing yourself on me “by accident”, the hallway is 4 feet wide, give me a break asshole. Innocent flirting is ok if it’s mutual but if I cringe when I see you or try at all costs to avoid you, it’s a pretty safe bet that I’m not into your game.

Maybe I’m too friendly or smile too much in your general direction. Whatever. I’m sick of being treated like a piece of meat. I’m not here for your sexual pleasure. I’m here to do my job and I would appreciate you leaving me the hell alone.

Labels: ,

posted by LadyLipgloss at 4:02 PM

2 Comments:

She means it.

4:16 PM  

It is not that you are wearing a sign that says "Harass me" it is that they cannot see the sign that says "Piss off loser".

And believe me the language is important. The victim is not responsible. The idiot is.

On another note, what the hell IS God's gift to women? Or better yet, what is his gift to me? And for all you Hallmark wannabe's, if you say my children, the love of my wife or chocolate - I swear I will punch you right in the pancreas.

Blessings yes, but who gives kids as presents - come on.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home