Not The Favorite

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Just A Little Incident Involving The Boogeyman

I just scared the bejesus out of my little girl.

I realized that I forgot to get her clothes out for tomorrow so I went into her room to get them. So there I am trying to get this sweatshirt out the bottom drawer when I hear Lauren stirring in her bed behind me.

Then... AAAAHHHH!!! She screams bloody murder and throws the covers over her head.

At first I think she's had a bad dream and then it sets in... She doesn't know it's me and thinks I'm a stranger/monster/maniac in her room.

I walk calmly to her bed (so as not to scare her any more than I already have) telling her that it's mommy and I slowly lift the covers up to show her it's me. The look of terror in those blue eyes was enough to make me laugh and cry at the same time.

I apologized for scaring her and she told me she was ok. But man! I still feel horrible.

Worst. Mom. Ever.

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 11:44 PM

1 Comments:

Highly doubt that. Bad moms don't comfort their children.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home