Not The Favorite

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

When "Oh Crap I Forgot" Just Won't Work

Overheard at the Y as I was dropping Lauren off.
Mom to son “I’ll go home and see if I can find you your indoor shoes and skates”
Another mom to daughter (something to the effect of) “You don’t have your skates so I guess you can’t go skating”
Then the first mom to the second mom “…program is so disorganized.” Blah, blah, blah…

I’m listening to these ladies and just shaking my head. As I’m helping Lauren get her outdoor stuff off, I tell her “Ok let me just get your indoor shoes out of you backpack for you.” The Y leader says good morning to Lauren and then asks if I brought her skates. And I say loudly (and proudly!) “Yes, her skates are right here.” And point to her skate bag on the shelf.

Passive aggressiveness. Don’t leave home without it!

Ok, so for the Christmas break, all the kids in a Y afterschool program are to go to the Y building and are assigned a room. There was an email sent out a week before the holidays that had two attachments: a schedule of rooms and a memo to tell you what to bring.

The second memo clearly tells you (in BIG colorful letters) to bring each day indoor shoes and swim stuff. It also indicates (in BIG colorful letters) to bring skates and a helmet on Jan 5 and 7th.

So basically, you can read the first one that tells you where to bring your kid but then blame the program because you obviously didn’t read the second attachment?!

Idiots…

Labels: ,

posted by LadyLipgloss at 11:48 AM

2 Comments:

love

3:48 AM  

lol i love your blog!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home