Not The Favorite

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My! What A Vast Vocabu...FIRE!!!

- At the FredKid fair on Sat, we decided to take Lauren into the smoke house to show her what a real fire might feel like and to show her what to do. Now, you have to understand that for the last month or so, Lauren has been on a real fire kick. If you ask her about it, she’ll go into great detail about not hiding under the bed or in the closet and to GET OUT possibly through a trap door (lol) but not before making sure the door knob isn’t hot and then crawling to safety if it’s smoky or running if it’s not. And to Stop Drop and Roll if she’s on fire, followed by a quick demonstration.

Anyway, we get inside the smoky-filled room and I say “Ok, what do we do?” And she looks at me in front of the fireman and I’m thinking I’m about to show off my super smart kid and she says “I don’t know. Pick me up! I want out.” Damn it…

- Sunday at family dinner, she told everyone that she wanted a new cat named Carly. She plans to open the door to the hall, shoo out Trinity, lead her down the stairs and let her out the door. Once she’s gone, we get a new nice cat. When asked why, she responded, “Sometimes when she’s under the table, she scratches me because she’s surly.”

- Driving home last night after work, we were asking Lauren what she wanted to be when she grew up. Jon and I were tossing out occupations and it went something like this.

Me: “Do you want to take care of animals?”
Lauren: “Yeah!”
Jon: “How about going into space and exploring the stars?”
Lauren: “Sure.”
Me and Jon: “How about driving a bus, or being a teacher? What about a police officer or an acrobat?”
Lauren: “ AHHH!! Too many options!!”

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 10:39 AM

1 Comments:

When it comes to the cat, I think you should leave the door open a crack and turn your back. If she leads the cat out...so be it.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home