Not The Favorite

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Business In The Front, Party In The Back

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed that when I picked Lauren up from daycare, J had chopped off all of Lauren's hair because "it kept getting in her face." I was hysterical, a horrid combination of deep, deep sadness and burning anger. Jon didn't seem to think it was a big deal. Typical.

If something like this ever happened in real life, I can't say that I would react differently. I have this fear, seriously, that I'll leave Lauren with her Aunt Joeley or Nanny Bonnie, and they'll return her with trimmed/cut hair or bangs or something. I'm not normally a very sentimental kind of mom and let go of Lauren's baby stuff quite readily, save for a couple of things. And "firsts" are very welcome in our home. But I have this thing with her hair. It will be a very hard day for me when it's time for her first hair cut. I'm actually dreading it. It took her so long to grow hair that I can't imagine ever cutting some of it off.

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 4:39 PM

1 Comments:

I would never cut off your child's hair. Unless it was stuck in some kind of machinery and her head was going to pop off if I didn't. Then I would consider it. But only then. ;D

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home