Not The Favorite

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Observations of the Random Variety

I hate Avis. I hate calling them to rent a car for Big Red. Damn it, trying to prepay for a rental car using a corporate card is like trying to give a cat bath. You come out bloodied and scarred and you know damn well the price was too much for the result. I’ve been transferred to a call centre here in Fredericton then to Oklahoma and then to that most irritating ‘click’ then the dial tone. I was told ask for the direct billing department, but then being told that they don’t have a direct billing department the next time you call. Next time, either the instructor rents their own car or they hitch hike. Period.

I’ve been in this family a long time and I’ll finally say it, What the hell are arse darts?!?! It sounds hilarious but I have no idea what you’re talking about. It can’t possibly be what I’m thinking, can it?

We finally bought a new TV last night, well new to us anyway. We got it off Kijiji (best site ever!) for $50. It’s a good thing it was the same make and almost same model as the set we already had because it didn’t come with a remote (seriously, who sells a TV with no remote?) Luckily it worked with our old remote and required no programming. Wow, I never knew how disgusting CSI really was until last night. I love it!

Congrats Stephanie and Trent on their wedding last Sat night. Leave it up to Dunphy’s to throw a rockin’ party. I had such an awesome time. Princess and I had to wait some time in the mobile bar for Jon to go get us a bottle opener so we could break into the rum coolers. (Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make a cooler without a twist-off cap should be shot.) Whilst waiting, we found mom’s camera. Nuff said.

Driving home last week, Lauren was playing with a pinwheel in her open window. She kept trying to stick the thing out the window and I finally told her to keep it in the car or mommy will take it away.

Her response “Not now mommy, I’m being funny! Hahahahaha!”

Speaking of Lauren, whoever thought potty-training was hard never met my kid. With the help of a strategically placed jar of potty treats (Reeses Pieces), she decided one day a month ago that she wanted those treats and since peeing on the potty was the only way to get them, she peed on the potty. She hasn't looked back since. She still wears a diaper to sleep but in the grand scheme of things, we're cool with that. We by-passed the Pull-up trap and went straight to wearing panties all day and she's done so great. No accidents! We've never pushed her to use the potty, we just planted the seed with the potty treats and let nature take its course. Jon and I are so proud of her!

While it's great she's potty trained, it's now created an awesome stall tactic at bedtime. If she's awake, she refuses to pee in her diaper so when she stands at her door and says she needs to go potty, we let her go. This is all well and good except for the times when you know she doesn't have to go. Those conversations generally go like this:

Me: "Ok, come and use the potty"
L: "Potty!!"
Me: "Sit down and go pee, please."
Sits down and laughs and moves around and is just happy to be out of her room.
Me: "Lauren, go pee please"
L: "Ok"
Me: "Do you have to pee or do you just want potty treats?"
L: Smiling at me. "Potty treats"

Labels: , , ,

posted by LadyLipgloss at 10:23 AM

4 Comments:

It saddens me that you dont' know how to play arse darts.

Saturday night we, actually not me, placed a loonie or toonie between your cheeks, then you had to walk and drop it in a particular spot in the parking lot. Normally, you have to do the drop in a container which gets progressively smaller as the night goes on. But we had to improvise due to lack of containers. Satisfied?

2:26 PM  

Yup, it was exactly what I thought it was....

Can't say I've had the pleasure of playing that game before.

2:41 PM  

I'm sure your mother loved the shots she found on her camera. Probably similar to the ones I found on mine after a weekend away with Princess. LOL.

Lauren is a smarty pants ... she made potty training a BREEZE. Believe me, I've seen some real pains in the toockus with potty training.

10:32 PM  

Interesting game ladies...but I imagine its hilarious to play whilst drinking....next time Lipglosslady!!

Lauren is an exception child...

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home