Not The Favorite

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Part of Me Died Today

We've been having some issues lately trying to keep Lauren in her bed at night. Mostly when we first put her to bed. She'll hang out at the door and peer out so Jon or I will put her back into bed and tell her to stay in bed, she doesn't have to sleep but she has to stay in her bed.

Well, my child is a persistent little bugger and most threats haven't worked. I've taken all her toys and books out of the room and told her that she better stay in bed or "Angry Mommy" will come in. So far, no luck. Until today. And here comes the really sad part.

I told her if I caught her out of bed one more time, I would come and snuggle her until she fell asleep. So you're thinking what's the sad part? My kid hates snuggling with me so much, that she hasn't budged from her bed. This worked both for nap time and bedtime tonight.

It really makes me sad that she's like this. I hear about all these other moms who snuggle with their kids and I'm so jealous. I just want her to want to be with me. And yet, I'm enjoying that she's staying in her bed.

So conflicted...

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 8:51 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home