Not The Favorite

Friday, June 04, 2010

Now In Color

In regards to getting a replacement for the piece of crap printer on my desk, we’ve been offered a high-capacity floor model printer from another office. I was hoping to get another countertop model because I use it a lot for labels as our current machine s-u-c-k-s for making labels. It’s the main reasoning behind getting a new printer. I mentioned that reason to the people offering the new machine. She told me she’d get back to me with shipping costs and we left it at that. This morning she spoke with my supervisor about the cost and we’ve agreed to take it. It’s hard to pass up a great machine like they’re offering.

What got me though is that she mentioned that “they have to get up and walk to the printer to get their reports.” So we shouldn’t have a problem doing it.

It’s not that I’m incapable of walking to the printer to get my print jobs, I just don’t want to walk all the way across the office to get them. And I don’t appreciate the insinuation that I’m lazy.

All I want is a printer that is capable of printing labels without smearing the toner all over the page. I make a LOT of labels, on a daily basis, so I’m sorry that I don’t want to run halfway across the office every time I need to print them.

Did I mention the new printer only prints color? And is not really meant to be used to print labels? Our reports will look fantastic. Labels? Not so much. Boo-urns.

Labels:

posted by LadyLipgloss at 11:52 AM

2 Comments:

But the thing is...you are lazy. As am I.

2:49 PM  

Ok girls !!! :)

You need what I have at the office !!!! It's a label machine, uses NO ink, you put in a roll for the labels, the program can work right out of Word !!! and it's USB !!!!!!! email me and I'll give ya details !!!!! It's my new best friend !! (Don't tell the Princess)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home