Not The Favorite

Monday, May 31, 2010

Angry Painting 101

I'm not the type of parent who keeps their kid in a bubble. I've always gone with the philosophy that you can't have fun and stay clean at the same time. So I really don't care when Lauren comes home from daycare quite literally covered from head to toe in dirt. Seriously, I hug her and a dust cloud floats up. But I can NOT fathom how a daycare provider with years of experience with children between the ages of 2 and 5 can so readily provide paint that is NOT washable for the kids to use. Lauren loves to paint, it's her favorite thing to do at daycare so I don't want to stop her from painting. But for the love of christ, could you at least give her a fucking smock?!?!? She wore a brand new shirt today and she came home covered front AND BACK in purple paint. Even with stain remover, it didn't budge.

I am so angry, so infuriated with them right now. I can't afford to have two sets of clothes for my child. But slowly daycare is turning ALL of her clothes to gross stained clothes. I ask Lauren to please try and keep the paint off her clothes, but I know that won't happen.

I wish they had a bit more respect for our things. I would even provide one of my old blouses for her to use as a cover up. That's what we used to do when I was a kid. I'm sure every parent would gladly hand over an old button up shirt for their kid to use.

Ok, I'm starting to calm down a bit. I think I'm just being overly sensitive from the trauma of hearing my 50ish year old landlord having really loud sex yesterday afternoon...

Labels: , ,

posted by LadyLipgloss at 7:09 PM

1 Comments:

wait until she gets to school? it's crazy

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home