Not The Favorite

Friday, November 23, 2007

S-M-R-T

I know I’m not the perfect mom and I know I’m not a perfect person. But I’d like to think that I have pretty good common sense about life. I frequent a website that is an open forum for parents and also posts some really good articles about children. It boggles my mind that some people who post on this site don’t have this common sense. I have seen at least two questions posted that made me laugh out loud in utter disbelief.

One woman wanted to now if this was common toddler behavior: wildly waving hands in the air when excited, kicking feet when angry.

… (Crickets chirping)…

She honestly thought something was seriously wrong with her kid. She may have already sought help from doctors, I’m not sure.

Seriously, are you fucking kidding me??? Go to the park, mall, ANY where and look around, you asshat.

Another mom wanted to know why her 6 month old son refused to try cereal after he had an 8oz bottle.

Doesn’t take a god damned genius to figure that one out. Did it ever occur to you that maybe your kid is, I dunno, FULL???? I’m sure he’d love cereal if you tried it before or possibly even between bottles.

Fuck. People should have to take a written test to make sure they aren’t too stupid to have kids. Hmm, reminds of the reason why they "recalled" Bumbo seats a short while ago...

I have been so blown away by some questions on the site that now they have a warning to play nice or you’ll be banned because I’ve actually told people that they have no common sense and “Are they freakin’ serious?” Look someone had to say it. And damn it, I’m fine with that person being me.

Yeah, yeah. I should be supportive to obviously new parents but come on people. Grow a fucking brain.

Labels: ,

posted by LadyLipgloss at 3:02 PM

4 Comments:

You're right, it has to be said and I'm fine with it being you too. If for no other reason other than the fact that it entertains me to no end. :)

6:21 PM  

I had no idea that they recalled Bumbo seats...just one more product pulled off the shelves due to parent stupidity!!! (ie, walkers & bath rings) I wish parents would learn to use these things properly and not rely on them to be babysitters.

4:09 PM  

Good for you Jenn, as parents we've all asked dumb questions but I like to think my questions are smarter dumb questions than the average bear......My common sense is higher than the average dumb ass.......maybe we are a different species? Who knows but we are smarter than those beneath us.

To those moms you made that comment - damn that is funny......its true and I agree it had to be said......once you get kicked off use a new addy and login name and do it again - just for fun :o)

8:55 AM  

he he he!!! That's why I hate babies...not the babies but the idiot parents who seem to lose their brain when the baby shoots out of their nether regions!!!! Stupid idiots.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home